Here are a few
dingleberrysnuggets of wisdom that every new writer needs to know:
- A writer lives to write. Period. If you write for any other reason, please do everyone a favor and get a prescription for Prozac immediately.
- If deadlines are your constant companions, they’re not compatible with cats.
- Writing is easy. Accepting constructive criticism makes you a better writer. But the reaction you have after your editor says you must remove your favorite chapter? That’s God’s way of telling you that you have not yet learned to forgive.
- Not everyone is going to like your book. As an example, my book is fun to read…who wouldn’t like it? I was in Wal-Mart’s vegetable section when a friend told me she couldn’t read past the first sex scene.
- There are over 29 million books on Amazon. For my first book, I chose to do my own marketing. It’s like trying to…
View original post 91 more words